Friday, July 13, 2012

Special Order Baby Blanket

Baby Blanket in progress.
 I just finished a super soft and cozy baby blanket.  This is the first time I've made one like this with a boarder.  It turned out WAY better than the first baby blanket I tried to knit about 8 years ago.  The first ever baby blanket I made was for my husbands cousin who was having a baby girl.  I wanted to make her a blanket as a congratulations on your new baby. I was so excited to get started on knitting my first ever baby blanket.  I used a super soft baby yarn and started knitting away.  Well, needless to say I was not so excited about the end result.  LOL  It was more of a  rhombus shape or a squished rectangle. When I got a request to make a baby blanket my memories of this first blanket came rushing back to me.  I've since made many successful blankets, but you never forget where you started as a knitter. 


Finished Blanket

I got the special order request on Monday of this week from a co-worker at my day job and she said the baby is already born, so she was wondering if I had one already made.  No, I did not have one made, but I am always up for a challenge.  I offered to make her one and told her I would try to get it to her as soon as I could. I decided to use a chunky yarn with bigger needles for a faster knit up and a thick cozy finish.  This turned out to be a great blanket. Perfect to throw on the floor and let your baby play on top, or snuggle them cocoon style for those chilly days. I was able to spend just about every waking minute I was not at my day job working on this blanket and successfully finished it in just 5 days! I had so much fun knitting this one I already bought some yarn for a boy color one.  I will be posting on Etsy when I get it finished. Likely not in five days though. I have other orders to fill first.

Cozy blanket with some of my other hand knit toys.

No comments:

Post a Comment